Your miniSpinner Classic is a 12 volt device, and many owners run them from rechargeable batteries. It's a great convenience. Because a miniSpinner only draws an average of 0.5 to 1.0 amp (about 1.5 amps at maximum load), a relatively small battery can easily run it all day long. A miniSpinner requires the following in a battery:
- 12 volt output (CAUTION: if your battery has multiple outputs, be certain to set it to 12 volts!)
- Power connector is 5.5mm x 2.1mm, center positive (most common configuration)
- Recommended capacity 10,000 - 20,000 mAh (figure about 1 hour of run time for each 1,000 mAh of capacity)
For your miniSpinner Pro is also a 12 volt device, but the requirements are slightly different;
- 12 volt output; no more, no less.
- Ability to deliver up to 3.5 amps of current at 12 volts.
- Capacity of at least 20,000 mAh (milliamp-hours), or 20 amp-hours. This will easily power a miniSpinner Pro for a long day of spinning. A higher capacity will give more spinning time.