Your miniSpinner Classic is a 12 volt device, and many owners run them from rechargeable batteries. It's a great convenience. Because a miniSpinner only draws an average of 0.5 to 1.0 amp (about 1.5 amps at maximum load), a relatively small battery can easily run it all day long. A miniSpinner requires the following in a battery:
- 12 volt output (CAUTION: if your battery has multiple outputs, be certain to set it to 12 volts!)
- Power connector is 5.5mm x 2.1mm, center positive (most common configuration)
- Recommended capacity 10,000 - 20,000 mAh (figure about 1 hour of run time for each 1,000 mAh of capacity)
For your miniSpinner Pro is also a 12 volt device, but the requirements are slightly different;
- 12 volt output; no more, no less.
- Ability to deliver up to 3.5 amps of current at 12 volts.
- Capacity of at least 20,000 mAh (milliamp-hours), or 20 amp-hours. This will easily power a miniSpinner Pro for a long day of spinning. A higher capacity will give more spinning time.
- RAVPower 23000mAh, XTPower MP-32000 Power Bank, and XTPower® MP-30000 listed below should work with your Pro
Note: If you do not see the Amazon links, disable ad-blocking on the HansenCrafts site in your browser.
If you are not in the United States, go to this page.
HansenCrafts does not sell batteries. We have not tested all of these, but the suggestions are based upon the published specifications which are, hopefully, correct.
The batteries below will work with both the miniSpinner Pro and the miniSpinner Classic:
The batteries below will work with the Classic miniSpinner only:
If your battery does not include multiple connectors - you will want this plug conversion kit - to adapt the battery's 5.5 x 2.5mm connector to the 5.5 x 2.1mm connector used by the miniSpinner:
And, if you want to play with solar, here's something for you! I don't recommend it for powering your miniSpinner directly as the output voltage will vary too much to work well, and in intense sunlight the voltage will be too high.
It would, however, be just fine for charging one of the batteries listed above.